When using the Export > PDF context menu on a form, variables are not included in the PDF.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to Service Catalog > Maintain Items.
- Go to Create Incident item.
- Create a single line text variable.
- Name and save the variable.
- From the item, click the Try It UI action on the form.
- Fill in the text boxes and click Submit.
- From the incident, change your view to Default View.
- If not on the form, right-click the header and go to Configure > Form Layout and add the Incident Variable Editor.
- Once you can see the variables on the form, right-click the header and select Export > PDF.
- Note that the variables are not shown.
The reason for this behavior is because variables are created using a UI formatter, and this is a type of element cannot currently be exported to PDF. For more details on formatters, see Create a Formatter in the product documentation.
If the browser on your OS does not require additional software to be installed (i.e. Windows 7-8 with Firefox and IE), in order to pdf/print a form that contains formatter elements:
- Select Printer friendly version from the options (cogwheel) menu in the header bar.
- Print (or PDF) the form page.
Related Problem: PRB593090