Import results with UI error:
Unable to read entire header; 0 bytes read; expected 512 bytes
Error message in log:
2015-05-15 13:49:06 (185) Processor SYSTEM Operation against file 'sys_data_source' was aborted by Business Rule 'Set table name^ecbd162d0f08020095d50eeb'. Business Rule Stack:Set table name
Steps to Reproduce
- Create table that has a name with more than 19 characters (for example "u_user_application_entitlement").
- Add multiple placeholder columns.
- In your browser, change to table list view (for example: u_user_application_entitlement_list.do).
- Right-click the header and select Import.
- Set Insert or Update to Insert.
- Click Create Excel Template.
- Click Select file and browse to the location of the Excel template that was just downloaded, and select it.
- Click Upload file.
- Note the error message.
As the PRB only affects tables with names longer than 19 characters, one workaround is to use shorter table names. For example, the target table [u_user_application_entitlement] could use a shorter name such as [u_user_app_ent].
Enterprise users can also define a file/attachment data source. For more information, reference the documentation links below:
Related Problem: PRB631109