Steps to Reproduce
- Create an onChange catalog client script on a variable of type Single Line Text attached to a catalog item.
- Add an alert or console.log statement.
- Navigate to the catalog item and enter some value in the variable field.
- Observe that when clicking elsewhere, the script is invoked and the alert dialog/console.log shows up.
- Navigate to the same catalog item in mobile view and start typing some value in the variable field.
- Observe that the script is invoked after every single character is entered in the field.
The fix is within the ServiceNow code base therefore a workaround is not possible. If you are experiencing this issue, contact ServiceNow Customer Support and request an upgrade to the latest release where this resolved.
Related Problem: PRB619519