Continuous and infinite loop where CSS height continues to scroll and expand on CMS pageProblem
Navigating to a CMS page that contains an iFrame content block can result in continuous, infinite scrolling where the page height continues to expand and grow automatically.
A user navigating to a CMS page with the issue can see the content load, the vertical scrollbar to the right expand automatically, and the height of the page continue to grow.
This is a fairly common issue that may have different causes including:
- CSS code associated to the page is missing height:auto; within the BODY tag
- The ui_page_footer UI Macro may have been customized resulting in it being skipped during upgrade so the latest version is not in place
- The URL specified within the iFrame content block on the page with the issue may have a leading "/" character
The following steps are provided to help troubleshoot each of the potential causes above:
CSS code associated to the page is missing height:auto;
- Navigate to Content Management > Sites.
- Select the site that contains the content page where the issue is occurring.
- Click on the reference lookup icon or go to the default theme associated with the site.
- In the Style Sheet related list, select the Base Style Sheet.
- Ensure that the BODY contains height: auto; as follows:
ui_page_footer UI Macro was customized
- Ensure that the ui_page_footer UI Macro contains the latest base system (out-of-box) code.
URL specified within the iFrame content block on the content page has a leading '/' character
- Navigate to Content Management > Pages.
- Select the content page where the issue is occurring.
- Scroll down to Related Links and select Edit Page.
- Click the pencil icon in the upper right to edit the iFrame content block.
- Ensure that the URL field does not contain a leading forward slash (/) such as: /incident_list.do?sysparm_query=active=true.
- If the field does contain a leading forward slash, remove the character and save the change.