- confuses the caller by sending them a notification containing: 'Dear customer, we have some new information regarding your request #1234567: (blank)'
- confuses the people assigned to child tickets because there is a false update of the ticket with no new information
- confuses the people on the other end of an integration by sending them an empty work notes update
- causes other cascaded scripts to run when they should not
Steps to Reproduce
- Create two incidents.
- Designate one of the incidents as the parent for another.
- Update comments OR work notes in the parent incident.
You should see both Comment copied from Parent Incident in the Additional comments and Work note copied from Parent Incident in the Work notes, even though only one field was updated. This issue causes empty notifications to be sent to th caller of the child incident.
The business rule Update Child Incidents always copies the values from additional_comments and work_notes from the parent incident to the child incident, whether they are empty or not.
The workround is to import the xml file attached to this known error article.
NOTE: Importing the attached xml file overwrites any changes made to the script. Revert the record 'sys_script_8f61f1b00a0a3c7401aac471d27a2718' to the base system version before upgrading.
Related Problem: PRB635292