Record producer table and field not populating correctly when Map to field option is selected for record producers
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new Record Producer record and choose any value for Table name (alternatively, use a base system record).
- In the Variable related list, create a new variable.
- In the variable record, select the Map to field option.
Note that the record_producer_table is auto-populated from the value of the table from the parent record producer record.
- Fill out any other mandatory values for this variable.
- Click Save.
- Open the record producer record and change the table to a different table (preferably another table that has different fields).
- Navigate back to the variable you created in step 2.
Note that record_producer_table is not changed to reflect the table change. Also note that if you create a 2nd variable after changing the Table name on the RP record, this 2nd variable will have the "record_producer_table" value of the new table selected.
Logged in as Maint, download and import the attached xml files (2 new business rules and a script include).
The new behavior updates all the variables when the table in the record producer changes:
- change the Record producer table field to match the one in the record producer
- reset the Map to field option to false if the value in Field does not match any column on the new table
- if the value in Field is a valid column in the new selected table, then it retains the value
Related Problem: PRB621676