In the Service Catalog, the topmost catalog link is missing, or the topmost category link is invalid, pointing to .do.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in a pre-Helsinki instance on two browsers:
- impersonate an admin on one browser
- stay as maint on the other browser
- In both browser sessions, open the CMS portal (./ess) and directly navigate to catalog_find_cms: <instance_name>.service-now.com/catalog_find_cms.do?sysparm_catalog_view=catalog_default.
- In the maint session, clear the cache and perform a search (for example, search for iPhone).
- Observe the Service Catalog header in the Found In widget.
- In the admin session, clear the cache and perform a search (for example, search for iPhone).
Notice that the Service Catalog header is missing in the Found In widget.
This issue was fixed in Helsinki, where the category tree handling and dependency were redesigned.
If an upgrade is not possible yet, a system administrator needs to login to clear the instance cache and have it rebuilt as Admin.
Related Problem: PRB631062