The (automated) value of the variable in the catalog item is reset even though it is not cascaded from the order guide.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a catalog item with two Single Line Text variables: name one of the variables cascadeFromOG.
- Create a new order guide and include the catalog item created above.
- Add a variable to the Order Guide (name it cascadeFromOG).
- Set Cascade Variables to true.
- Set the property glide.sc.reset_cascade to true.
Then, follow these steps:
- Open the order guide (glide.sc.reset_cascade OG Test).
- Populate the variable.
- Choose options.
- Populate an additional variable on the item.
- Describe needs.
- Change the variable.
- Choose options again.
- Confirm the additional variable has be emptied, but the original one cascaded the change as expected. (Unexpected result: the item specific variable should still be populated with the original value and the cascaded one should only be updated.)
- Turn off the glide.sc.reset_cascade system property (false).
- Perform the test and confirm that the second variable is not emptied, but the first variable also is still populated in the item with the initial value (expected behavior).
No workaround available. Fixes were applied in Java code.
Related Problem: PRB606210