Deep linking in mobile view does not work without a session. Instead, when you authenticate, it sends you to external_logout_complete.do. Then you are sent home, not to the deep link you clicked.
Steps to Reproduce
- Impersonate a user.
Ensure that this is a user account you can also log in to directly without impersonation.
- Access a record that this user should be able to access using deep linking.
For example, a change request or incident that the user has permission to view.
- Copy the URL of this record.
You can right-click the record header and select Copy URL or open the record in a new tab and copy the URL directly from the browser.
- Email a copy of the URL to yourself.
- Open the email on your mobile device and click the link.
You are redirected to the external_logout_complete.do page.
- Navigate directly to the instance. For example, https://<instance>.service-now.com.
- Log in with the user account selected in step 1.
The link should be remembered and you should be directed to the linked record chosen in step 2 after a successful login. Instead, the user's homepage is loaded.
Th issue does not occur in the new Mobile UI that is available in Eureka and later releases.
Related Problem: PRB587892