In Mobile list view, no configurable option to change search functionality; however search results can still be obtained using the filter/breadcrumb options.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to an affected instance using the desktop UI
- Create a mobile view for cmdb_ci.
- Ensure that the Serial Number field is on the mobile view for cmdb_ci.
- Ensure that the Serial Number field is on the mobile list view for cmdb_ci.
- Go to the list view for cmdb_ci.
- Get any Serial Number value from any record.
- Switch to the mobile UI.
- Open a list of cmdb_ci records.
- On the header in the search box, enter the serial number from step 6.
- Notice that after applying the above steps, nothing is returned.
This issue has been fixed since Helsinki. Search fields are now configurable. You can customize which fields on a list are searchable on mobile. This is configured by "Table Titles" (sys_ui_title). Table Title records have the option to specify "Search Fields" for a specific table. The mobile apps will then search those fields when searching a list.
Related Problem: PRB633582