<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<httpHeader name="Content-Type" value="text/xml; charset=utf-8"/>
For example, the name "Sälgsjön Bergtäkt" appears as "SÃ¤lgsjÃ¶n BergtÃ¤kt".
Those characters appear correctly when imported directly without using a MID Server. They also appear correctly when fetched with SoapUI.
Steps to Reproduce
These steps require the use of two ServiceNow instances.
- On one instance, update a problem record Short description with Swedish characters (such as ÅÄÖåäö). The characters appear correctly after the record has been saved.
- On a separate instance that has access to a MID Server, configure the MID Server to communicate with the first instance.
- On the second instance, create an outbound SOAP function that goes through the MID Server to query the problem table from the first instance: https://<instance>.service-now.com/problem.do?WSDL
Expected behavior: the short description in the SOAP response appears exactly as in the problem record
Actual behavior: the short description in the SOAP response appears differently than in the instance's problem record, two-byte utf-8 characters are displayed as two separate latin1 characters.
- On the system hosting the MID Server, edit <MID install directory>\conf\wrapper.conf
- Add the following line to the file:
- Restart the MID Server.
Related Problem: PRB627408