If a child table, such as pm_project, is saved using the form designer, the parent field labels (sys_documentation) are changed to those of the child. For example, changing and saving the pm_project form causes the short_description field label on task to change from "Short Description" to "Project Name."
Steps to Reproduce
- View Labels list for task.short_description:
- Open any Project (pm_project) record.
- Configure > Form Design.
- Make a trivial change.
For example, change the position of Category and Subcategory.
- Click Save.
- Refresh Labels list for task.short_description from step 1.
Note that the label Short Description for Task has been replaced with Project Name.
Label can be updated directly through sys_documentation.
- Goto sys_documentation.
- Click New.
- Fill out these fields:
- table = name of table
- element = field setting label for
- language = language code (en = english)
- label = the label you want (example: number)
- plural = plural version of your label (example: numbers)
- Click Update.
Related Problem: PRB626998