ServiceNow has created an automated workflow to support the demo data removal process for as instances. Customers request to remove demo data from an instance via a Service Catalog item to create a Change, which is completed using end-to-end automation.
This catalog item provides details on how to remove demo data from an instance. It is strongly encouraged that demo data removal on production be successfully verified on a sub-production instance that is a recent clone of the production instance.
Users with the customer_admin or partner_admin role can request demo data removal on an instance using this service catalog.
You can request the Remove Demo Data service catalog by following below steps:
- Navigate to the Now Support (HI)
- Browse to the Service Catalog
- Under Instance Management, select Remove Demo Data
You can also access this catalog via Now Support app (Download Now Support App for Android | iOS)
- Specify the instance from which to remove demo data. (If you are having trouble finding your instance, use "*" for a "contains" query.)
- Specify the date and time to remove demo data in the target instance
- If a production instance is selected for demo data removal, user should select one of the below options before submitting the catalog
- I confirm the removal of demo data has been tested in a sub-production instance.
- Production instance is not live
- Proceed without testing in sub-production instance
- Click on submit button
- A confirmation message will appear
- A new change request is created for the zBoot request and the request is displayed automatically. The Planned end date is automatically calculated based on the Planned start date plus 5 hours, which is approximately how long the zBoot process takes.
As needed, add people to the Watch list and any Additional comments as necessary and click on Update.
- After the planned start time is reached, an automated workflow is triggered to remove the demo data from the specified instance.