Remove Demo Data - HI Service CatalogOverview
This catalog provides details on how to remove demo data from an instance. It is strongly encouraged that demo data removal on production be successfully verified on a sub-production instance that is a recent clone of the production instance.
Users with the customer_admin or partner_admin role and internal users can request demo data removal on an instance using this service catalog
Demonstrates how to request removal of demo data from your instance.
Requesting demo data removal on an instance
- Navigate to hi.service-now.com.
- Click Service Catalog and, under Instance Management, click Remove Demo Data.
- In Please select the instance, specify the instance from which to remove demo data. (If you are having trouble finding your instance, use "*" for a "contains" query.)
- Specify the date and time to remove demo data in the target instance.
- If a production instance is selected for demo data removal, user should select one of the below options before submitting the catalog
a) I confirm the removal of demo data has been tested in a sub-production instance.
b) Production instance is not live
c) Proceed without testing in sub-production instance
- Click Submit.
- Click on - 'I understand the risk' in the confirmation dialog
8. A new change request is created for the demo data removal request and the request is displayed automatically.
The Planned end date is automatically calculated based on the Planned start date plus 5 hours, which is approximately how long the demo data removal process takes.
As needed, add people to the Watch list and add any Additional comments.
9. After the planned start time is reached, a request is triggered to the Datacenter to remove the demo data from the specified instance