The 'Disable category editing' check box from the Knowledge Base form should prevent users from editing categories in that knowledge base. However, users are still able to add and edit knowledge categories when creating a new knowledge article record.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Knowledge > Knowledge Bases.
- Select a knowledge base.
- Select Disable category editing.
- Click Update.
- Create a new knowledge article.
- Select a knowledge base that does not allow category editing.
- Add or edit entries using the category picker.
- Save the article.
- Edit the saved article.
- Edit the categories again using the category picker.
- Note you can no longer add or edit categories, as expected.
Download the attached XML files and import them to your instance.
Import these files only to an instance on the Fuji release.
Related Problem: PRB626640