In the attached screenshot, the user profile is on IST and current Date/Time is 2015-02-17 8:48. The two records on the list should show 9 and 5 hours respectively, but they are showing a different time (+11 hours of additional time).
Steps to Reproduce
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Under the Date/Time header, select Both.
- Under the navigator, go to Self-Service > My Profile.
- Select Timezone IST and save the profile.
- Open a list record (for example, go to /incident_list.do).
- If the Updated column is not present in the list record, customize the list view and add the field Updated to the list view.
- Verify the ambiguity in the exact time and difference.
The error occurs because the Time Ago is calculated based off of the system's current time. If you adjust your system clock's time zone to match the ServiceNow profile time zone, the Time Ago time stamps should appear correctly.
PRB652761: Time Ago not calculating yesterday / 2 days ago correctly
Related Problem: PRB623943