To get the extension model of the hr_case table on your instance, run the following script in Scripts - Background:
var hr = new GlideRecord('hr_case');
gs.print("The hr_case table does not exist.");
var db = GlideRecord('sys_db_object');
The script will return "Table per class" if hr_case exists as Table-per-Class. Your instance is not impacted if the script returns "Table per hierarchy".
Steps to Reproduce
- Open an instance that has the Eureka version installed and the HR plugin not activated.
- Open the task table and note the number of records in the table.
- Create the following system property:
- Name: glide.db.hierarchy_large_root.task
- Type: string
- The value should be less than the number of records in the task table.
- Activate the HR plugin (com.snc.hr.core) and load demo data. HR Case is created as TPC. HR Case can also exist as TPC if task flattening failed during an upgrade to a Dublin or later release or the HR plugin was activated after there were 1 million task records.
- Go to the hr_case table.
Note that there are some records with a value for the Opened For (opened_for) field.
- Upgrade the instance to Fuji. All data in the hr_case.opened_for field is lost.
Before upgrading to Fuji, contact ServiceNow Support and reference this article. ServiceNow Support will back up the sys_id and opened_for fields in an Excel file and restore the opened_for value using an import set coalescing on the sys_id after the upgrade completes.
Related Problem: PRB631114