The 'Table Name' and 'Field Name' sys_dictionary types should be made visible, and any custom fields of this type should be allowed to set the 'allow_public' attribute. System fields of this type cannot add, update, or remove that attribute.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in as a non-maint admin.
- Add a new field to an existing table of either Type Table Name or Field Name.
- EXPECTED: The Table Name or Field Name types are available to select.
- ACTUAL: Neither the Table Name or Field Name types are available to select.
If you get past these steps with the help of Support:
- Select the Table Name Type, fill out other mandatory fields, and save the new field.
- Either from the Attributes related list or the Attributes field, add the attribute allow_public.
- EXPECTED: You should be able to update the new field with the allow_public attribute.
- ACTUAL: You cannot add allow_public attribute as it is maint protected.
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue.
Related Problem: PRB625441