Transform error: Unable to resolve target record, coalesce values not present
The error, Unable to resolve target record, coalesce values not present, is seen after transform of an import set record.
Data imports are successful, and the records can be seen in the staging table. However, the corresponding records in the target table are not created/updated, indicating problems during the transform.
The error: Unable to resolve target record, coalesce values not present can be seen in the Error field of the records in the staging table that failed.
|Note: This is applicable to both synchronous and asynchronous transforms.|
- Synchronous transform – The transform is run as soon as a record is imported/inserted into the source (import set) table. Web service imports are synchronous by default
- Asynchronous transform - Most scheduled data imports are asynchronous. All the import data is first saved in the import set table and transformed only after the import is complete.
This error is seen on transform when the coalesce value in the source table (import set table) is empty (for transform types below):
- Synchronous transform - In the case of a customized Web Service/REST import, the most likely cause is that the record is inserted into the source table, but the coalesce value is not yet populated. This happens when the the coalesce value is Updated in the import set table after the insert. The Synchronous transform triggers on an insert into the source table, and since the coalesce field is empty, throws the error.
- Asynchronous transform – In this case, the coalesce is most likely on a script that is returning a NULL value.
- In the case of a synchronous imports, ensure that the coalesce field is populated on insert.
- For asynchronous imports, ensure that the coalesce value is not empty or NULL.
- If the coalesce value is empty, check Coalesce empty fields box in the transform map.
- For Coalesce empty fields – Select this check box to match an empty source field value to an empty target field value. For example, the user transform map coalesces on the email field. With this option selected, a source record containing an empty email address coalesces to a target record containing an empty email address.