Executable files and installation process required to activate the SCOM connector are missing. When trying to run the connector, there is an error in the log:
SEVERE *** ERROR *** Error running SCOM client: '"C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\SCOMClient2012.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up the SCOM connector to connect to a SCOM instance.
- Run the connector.
Note that no events are retrieved.
To configure SCOM connector, see Configure the SCOM connector instance.
- Mid Server used to connect to SCOM must be running .Net framework
- Mid Server must be in the same domain as the SCOM server
To activate the SCOM connector in Fuji, follow this procedure:
- Download the following exe files to the <Mid server install directory>/etc folder on the mid server machine (moving forward, this folder is referred to as <exe install dir>):
- Copy the files below from the machine where SCOM server is running to <exe install dir> on the mid server:
- SCOM 2012
3 DLLs in %ProgramFiles%\\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\SDK Binaries
- SCOM 2007
2 DLLs in %ProgramFiles%\System Center Operations Manager 2007\SDK Binaries
- SCOM 2012
- In ServiceNow, under Event Management > Connector Instances, create a new SCOM connector instance.
- Check that the Host IP field is the host IP of the machine running SCOM.
- After clicking Submit, go back to the connector instance form and define the values below for the two:
- scom_exe_path – enter the full path of the <exe install dir> created above
- scom_version – 2012 or 2007, depending on the version of SCOM
For Fuji versions before FP2, also replace the connector Groovy code:
- Go to the SCOM connector definition.
- Edit the Groovy script to run field.
- Paste the script from the following link instead of the existing one:
- Save the definition.
Related Problem: PRB625090