When a video is uploaded as an attachment in a format that the system supports, such as .mov, the video does not play back. According to the product documentation, we do support .mov files.
Steps to Reproduce
This can be reproduced in Fuji and earlier releases. Check that you have the appropriate plugin in your browser to view .mov files before following the steps below.
- Download the attached test_steps.mov file.
- Access any instance as an administrator.
- Navigate to System UI > Videos.
- Click New.
- In Name, specify test_steps.mov.
- Select the Choose the file link to browse to the file downloaded in step 1.
- Click Submit.
- Insert the video into a kb_knowledge record.
- Click the View article link.
Note that the video content is not displayed. In Fuji, the content is actually stripped out of the editor when you attempt to save it.
Security settings and better field sanitization were introduced in Eureka. This update prevents certain tags from being included in the HTML fields. To bypass this, add the attribute html_sanitize=false to the dictionary entry of the field to prevent HTML sanitization.
Related Problem: PRB626022