There may be some skipped components in the upgrade history that are not revertible.
Steps to Reproduce
- On a pre-Istanbul instance, customize an application. For example, change the access roles for the following applications: Reports, Incident, and Problem.
- Upgrade to a newer pre-Istanbul patch.
- In the upgrade history, search for skips.
- Revert to the out-of-the-box configuration.
- Check the xml of the application menu. It is still customized. The roles are still assigned.
This issue has been fixed in Istanbul. On older releases the workaround consists of:
1. Import the application file from an out of the box instance
2. Manually adjust the changes that are not revertible
Related Problem: PRB626365