If you are using Project Management v1 and have never upgraded it to Project Management v2, you must perform the Project Management v2 upgrade before upgrading to Project Management v3.
If you are on Dublin or a later release you can no longer activate Project Management v2, so you must open an incident with ServiceNow to perform this work for you.
If Project Management v3 gets activated in an instance running Project Management v1, it corrupts the Project Management installation.
This can happen inadvertently due to plugins known to activate Project Management v3 such as:
- Project Management v3
- Timeline Visualization
- Project Portfolio Suite
- Project Portoflio Suite with Financials
- Domain Support - Domain Extensions Installer
Steps to Reproduce
- Provision an instance with the original Project Management plugin (v1) and ensure that the plugin is activated.
- Upgrade the instance to Dublin or a later release.
- Log in to the upgraded instance as an admin.
- Navigate to System Definition > Plugins.
Note that the only Project Management plugin available is Project Management v3 (com.snc.project_management_v3).
- Activate the Project Management v3 plugin.
Note that the Project Management v3 installation is corrupt.
Contact ServiceNow Customer Support if the following is true:
- Your instance is on Dublin or a later release
- The Project Management application or modules appears in your Application Navigator (it is active).
- The list of plugins (displayed by navigating to System Definition > Plugins) shows Project Management (com.snc.project_management_v3) as inactive.
ServiceNow Customer Support can properly activate the Project Management v3 plugin for you.
Related Problem: PRB603842