Field does not appear on a form
The first step to identifying a field not appearing on a form as an ACL issue is to use the debug security option to see if any ACL restrictions are occurring. Let's take the example of the work_notes field which is on the task table (and extended tables).
- To start with as an admin role user you will login and go to System Diagnostics -> Session Debug -> Debug Security.
- Impersonate a user that cannot see the field. In this case Joe Employee.
- View an affected record (incident in this case).
A large amount of security related statements will be displayed below the record.
- Search for the field and operation (read, write, etc) that you are interested on the page by using the browser's search page function. In this case we search for work_notes/read. You should see an entry that looks like this:
- Click the link that is next to the failing ACL to open it in a separate tab. In this case the link text is record/task.work_notes/read.
Note: You will not be able to view the ACL because you are still impersonating a non-admin user.
- Switch back to your admin user account and refresh the tab with the ACL in it.
- You can now see the ACL that is failing. Update this ACL script, condition, or filter values to allow access.