In addition to the extra time it takes to load the CI record form, the node experiences high memory consumption that remains sticky and is not cleared until the node is restarted. This means that the effect is cumulative and nodes completely run out of memory when enough forms are rendered that have the right number of relationships and levels. If other high memory activity or workflows are already running on the node, then the cumulative effect with this issue causes the node to run out of memory earlier.
Steps to Reproduce
The ServiceNow engineering team has been able to reproduce this scenario by creating a Configuration Item (CI) with multiple levels of relationships, each with a large number of links. You may have this issue if users experience slowness when opening the CI form for certain records where there are many relationships. The precise combination of the number of relationships and the number of levels is not known at this time.
To provide relief from the issue, limit the amount of recursion on page load by editing the following two properties:
- This property controls the maximum number of levels.
- We recommend a setting of 5 or less.
- This property restricts the maximum number of relationships to display at one time.
- We recommend setting this to 500 or less.
To change the System Properties:
- Go to System Properties > All.
- Search for the properties listed above by name, entering the desired setting in the Value field
- If the property does not show in the list, click New, enter the name as it is listed above, the desired setting, and then click Save.
For more information, see Adding a Property.
Related Problem: PRB614207