Steps to Reproduce
1. Log in to demo instance using two different browsers, IE9 and Chrome.
2. Navigate to All Properties. Filter [com.glide.attachment.max_size].
3. Set the value to any number, for example 2 or 10.
4. Navigate to Incident > Open. Open one of the incidents and try to attach a file more than value you set in.
5. Repeat step 4 using IE9 and Chrome.
6. In Chrome, you can see the alert box: [attachment file is 5MB. The maximum file size is 2MB].
7. In IE9, there is no alert message is coming, and the upload window keeps uploading the attachment but never finishes.
8. If you navigate to System Logs > Error, you will see the below error in both browsers:
Attachment size exceeds the limit of 2MB, configured by com.glide.attachment.max_size.
In IE9 there is no alert message coming.
In the IE browser, the alert message should display the same as Chrome: Attachment size exceeds the limit of 2MB, configured by com.glide.attachment.max_size.
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue.
Related Problem: PRB619399