When opening an external content item, the item loads in a new window even if its target value is set to "within catalog."
For general information about content items, see Define Content Item in the product documentation.
Steps to Reproduce
- Ensure that you have an alternative view for the Service Catalog. To achieve this, make a copy of the Catalog module in the Service Catalog application menu and change the module Arguments field value.
- Add the category to the alternative catalog homepage with Catalog Items renderer.
- Change property glide.sc.max_items to 1000.
- Create a new content item with these values:
- Name: BBC
- Content type: External Content
- Target: within catalog
- URL: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
- Go to the alternative catalog view and open the content item.
Note that instead of opening in the same frame, it opens in a different window.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB608093