Images are not getting embedded into outgoing notifications if the image name contains spaces. It appears that when it is attempting to retrieve the image from the image library to embed into the email message itself, it is incorrectly encoding the spaces into "20" instead of "%20". Because of this, the image is unreachable and therefore not included in the message as expected.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System UI > Images.
- Upload an image that contains a space in the file name.
- Navigate to System Policy > Email > Notifications.
- Open an email notification.
- In the Message HTML field, add the image you uploaded.
- Trigger the notification.
- When the email notification is received in the recipients mailbox, review the email source.
- You will find the img tag as expected but the encoded image will be missing.
Rename the image and exclude the problematic character. For example, company_logo.gif instead of company logo.gif.
Related Problem: PRB616714