"Operation against file 'sc_item_option' was aborted by Business Rule 'Prevent duplicate variable insertion^ea310407d7703100f2d224837e6103b2'. Business Rule Stack:Prevent duplicate variable insertion"
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to the demo instance.
- Import and commit the attached update set.
- Navigate to Maintain Items and order a WF Var Test catalog item.
- Confirm in the RITM there is a variable called wf_var.
- Navigate to Maintain Items and order a second WF Var Test catalog item.
- Confirm in the RITM there is not a variable called wf_var.
There is no known workaround. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue.
NOTE: Turning off the Prevent duplicate variable insertion business rule would have detrimental effects since there has been a change in the backend logic that would result in records being updated incorrectly.
Related Problem: PRB618079