Steps to Reproduce
1. Select a category (sc_category) where the homepage renderer is set to Category Items, or change an existing sc_category.
2. Import the attached content item (sc_cat_item_content), and add it as a catalog item to the category chosen in the previous step.
3. Note that the content item has a target field with a value of New Window/Tab.
4. Navigate to the category in step 1 in the service catalog and click on the item. Note that the item works but does not open in a new tab.
5. Change the category's homepage renderer from Category Items to Category Details.
6. Repeat step 4. Now the content item opens in a new tab or window as expected.
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue.
Related Problem: PRB604475