The Fuji release provides enhancements that drive the enterprise service model and improve the user experience. This article provides information and links to additional resources to help you upgrade to Fuji and establish best practices in each section below:
- Before Upgrading to Fuji – Review best practices before upgrading.
- Highlights – Find out what's new in Fuji.
- Enhancements – View new features and notable changes.
- Submit Feedback – Send feedback in the comments section or participate in the community.
Before upgrading to Fuji: best practices
Review this information before upgrading an instance to Fuji:
- Customers using domain separation should not upgrade to the initial release of Fuji.
- Customers using Oracle should not upgrade to the initial release of Fuji.
- Customers may notice a difference in appearance for some service catalog displays including:
- Customized UI pages may lose their style, as the CSS file is now invoked from each page rather than globally. See KB0547024.
- If you use ServiceNow CSS for custom CMS content, you may see styling differences, as this CSS has been upgraded with the Fuji release. See KB0546963.
- If you are a Life Science customer, you must deactivate the User self-lockout prevention business rule, which is new with Fuji. See KB0547061 for more information.
A few significant highlights include:
- IT Financial Management – Enables IT managers to perform IT costing across the service hierarchy and view reports on allocated expenses.
- Service Management Application Templates – Provides application developers with basic, intermediate, and advanced templates to quickly create service management applications of varying complexity.
- Knowledge Management – Multiple Knowledge Bases: Allows administrators to create multiple knowledge bases with unique life-cycle workflows, user criteria, category structures, and management assignments.
Visit the Fuji enhancements articles for a full list of new or updated features and the requirements for each:
- Service automation & business management enhancements
- Application development & integrations
- IT operations management
Feedback is encouraged. Ask questions, get help, or tell us what you think:
- Post a comment on http://community.service-now.com/.
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this article.
- For in-depth product information on Fuji enhancements, visit ServiceNow Product Documentation.
- UI Fuji updates
- ServiceNow new Fuji improvements landing page
- New UI in support lab can be accessed from this link.