An Access Control rule may limit visibility to records in knowledge search, but does not handle the record count appropriately.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open the kb_knowledge read record ACL, and remove the Public role from the Requires role related list.
- Replace the script with:
if(current.category=='Outlook' && !gs.hasRole('admin'))
answer = 'false';
answer = 'true';
- Log out as Admin and log back in as Joe Employee.
- Navigate to Self-Service > Knowledge and search Outlook.
- Notice that no results appear, in particular, the page count is hidden.
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue. If an upgrade is not possible, follow these steps:
- Download the attached xml file or from this link containing the updated UI Page with more validations for VCR.
- If you are an administrator with elevated privileges, follow the steps below to replace your UI page:
- Navigate to System UI > UI Pages.
- Right-click on the list header and select Import XML.
- Choose the downloaded XML file.
- Click Upload.
Related Problem: PRB571599