In the Default SLA Workflow, the last Timer activity transitions to both the End and another Create Event activity simultaneously, but the workflow does work.
However, presumably due to performance improvements in the workflow engine in Dublin, it is now possible for the workflow to End first, before the final Create Event activity executes. By design, transitioning to End stops the workflow and does not execute any more activities.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open the Priority 1 resolution (8 hour) SLA definition.
- Change the duration to 1 minute.
- Create a P1 incident by setting Impact and Urgency to High.
- After the SLA breaches, open up the task_sla record and view the workflow.
Starting with Eureka patch 4, the Default SLA workflow has been updated to wait for the activities to complete before the workflow ends.
To manually correct the workflow, check it out and make the following changes:
- Delete the workflow path from the final SLA Percentage Timer activity to the End activity.
- Link all of the Create Event activities to a new Join activity.
- Link both outputs of the new Join activity to the End activity.
This causes the workflow path to execute each step as expected prior to performing the End activity.
An example of the correct workflow in the Eureka release can be seen below:
Related Problem: PRB593926