Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to a demo instance.
- Go to plugins and install a language pack. In this example, we use Italian.
- After it loads, log out.
- Log in as an admin and pick language = Italian below the login box.
- Navigate to Knowledge Base > Vista (View). You will see a list of Knowledge articles grouped by categories and all category titles are translated to Italian.
- Click on one of the categories such as Applicazioni.
Result: This takes you to a kb_home sub-page of the category but it is not translated. Now it is called Applications instead of Applicazioni.
The issue comes from the UI Page kb_home which, instead of gs.getMessage is using the variable from the URL. See line 92 of that UI Page and you can find this: $[jvar_view_topic] > $[jvar_sub_cat].
You can modify the kb_home UI page to fix this issue.
On line 92 of an unmodified kb_home UI Page, you will find this line of code:
$[jvar_view_topic] > $[jvar_sub_cat]
Replace the line of code with the following:
<g2:evaluate var="jvar_topic_display" object="false">
$[jvar_topic_display] > $[jvar_sub_cat]
Related Problem: PRB588714