Requesting email reprovisioning for your instance
If email settings for an instance have been changed, users with the customer_admin role can request that email be reprovisioned for the selected instance.
The process takes approximately an hour and you will receive a confirmation email when the process is complete. ServiceNow disables email after the provisioning process to stop queued emails from being sent.
|Note: Email reprovisioning should not be requested for an instance that is not experiencing an email configuration outage.|
Requesting email reprovisioning
ServiceNow Enterprise customers can use the following procedure.
- Navigate to hi.service-now.com.
- Click Manage Instances.
- Hover over the name of the instance for which you want to request email reprovisioning, click Actions, and select Reprovision E-mail.
- [Required] In Please select an instance, specify the instance.
- Click Submit.
- If you selected a production instance, you receive the following warning notice.
- Click OK. (Click Cancel to return to the request form).
A new change request is created for the reprovision email request. As needed, add people to the Watch list and any Additional comments.
- Click Update.
Reprovisioning email confirmation message
After the provisioning process has completed, you will receive a confirmation email. ServiceNow temporarily disables email after the provisioning process to stop queued emails from being sent.