ServiceNow has created an automated workflow to support reprovisioning email for an instance. Customers request email reprovisioning via a Service Catalog item to create a Change, which is completed using end-to-end automation.
If email settings for an instance have been changed, users with the customer_admin role can request that email be reprovisioned for the selected instance. The process takes approximately an hour and you will receive a confirmation email when the process is complete. ServiceNow disables email after the provisioning process to stop queued emails from being sent.
Note: Email reprovisioning should not be requested for an instance that is not experiencing an email configuration outage.
You can request the reprovisioning email service catalog by following below steps:
- Navigate to the Now Support (HI)
- Browse to the Service Catalog
- Under Instance Management, select Reprovision Email
You can also access this catalog via Now Support app (Download Now Support App for Android | iOS)
- Choose the instance for which you want to request email reprovisioning
- Click on Submit button
- A new change request is created for the email reprovisioning and the request is displayed automatically. As needed, add people to the Watch list and any Additional comments as necessary and click on Save.
- After the provisioning process has completed, you will receive a confirmation email. ServiceNow temporarily disables email after the provisioning process to stop queued emails from being sent.