The System Clone application is available for customers who use an Oracle database and want to perform a clone.
As of 03/31/2020, a clone that includes custom "Data Preservers" or "Table Excludes" will work.
If a subprod to subprod clone is needed, please submit a Case to ServiceNow.
To initiate or schedule a system clone for instance that uses an Oracle database:
- Log in to the source instance as the Administrator and navigate to System Clone > Request Clone.
- Select a Target instance to receive the cloned data.
- If a Clone From drop-down box exists in your instance select Source Instance.
- Important: Leave all Clone Options checked.
- Schedule a Date and Time to perform the clone.
- You cannot schedule multiple clones concurrently to the same target instance.
- Canceling a clone is possible before the time that appears in the Date and Time field.
- A clone must be scheduled a minimum of 4 hours in advance. This ensures that the backup transfer from source to target completes by the start time. Backup transfer times vary depending on the source and target data center location and the size of the backup file. Cross datacenter transfers may take longer than four hours. In this case, the automation will wait until the backup transfer completes before starting the clone.
- Enter an email address to receive a notification when a clone completes, is canceled, or reports an error. Any users entered in this field along with the Primary and Secondary support contact will receive notifications. For more information about designating Support contacts, see Notifications on HI in the HI Knowledge Base.
- Click Submit
- In the authentication window that appears, enter the Username and Password for an Administrator.
- Review the clone settings and click OK.