The dot-walked fields do not update automatically on change as they would normally when the reference field is not a drop-down list. After saving the form the values do show when the form reloads.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to base system instance.
- Add the Configuration item field on incident form with two dot-walked fields on the form:
- Class - cmdb_ci.sys_class_name
- Model ID: cmdb_ci.model_id
- Chose a record in the Configuration Item field. Note that Class and Model ID dot-walked fields automatically update with the values specific to the chosen configuration item.
- Change the Configuration Item field on the Incident form and make it choice list:
- Right-click the Configuration Item field and select Personalize Dictionary.
- Add reference qualifier install_status=6 and choice as Dropdown with --None-- to limit the results.
- Repeat step 3. Note that when making use of a choice list for the reference field, the dot-walked fields are not updated automatically as in step 4.
You can also refer to attached document onchange_ref_choice_example.docx for the steps to reproduce.
Related Problem: PRB601960