If you edit a field in a list that is displayed in a gauge on a home page, it will not execute if there is an onCellEdit script on that field. The same script will execute from standard list displays (from a module or specified in the URL) or from a list generated from a report.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to a demo instance as an admin.
- Create an onCellEdit client script for the table Incident on the Short Description field.
- Navigate to a list of incidents and update the short description of INC0010033 (if you implemented the script, you will get a pop-up box with a message).
- Navigate to the home page, add content, and add the Gauge > Incident > My Open Incidents gauge to the top of the home page.
- Log out and log back in. If needed, refresh the gauge contents.
- Update the short description of INC0010033 from the list in the gauge. Note that the onCellEdit script will not fire.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB582481