Troubleshooting issues with email attachments
This article guides you through the process of troubleshooting issues with email attachments. It provides steps to help you eliminate common causes of your problem by verifying that the configuration of your networking is correct.
Symptoms may include the following:
- Attachment does not reach instance
- Attachment not received
- Attachment not associated to record
- Attachments not processing
- Inbound email not adding attachments
- Cannot email an attachment
- Too many attachments (signature)
- Attachments coming in as winmail.dat
- Cannot open attachment
- Attachment size limit
Determine whether any of the troubleshooting steps below are true for your environment. Each step provides a link to an article that will help you eliminate possible causes and take corrective action as necessary.
- Determine if the attachment exceeds the size limit set by your organization. For more information, see Available System Properties in the ServiceNow product documentation.
- Confirm that your email is RFC compliant. For more information, see KB0538106: Confirm that your email is RFC compliant.
- Confirm that the exchange server is configured properly. For more information, see Email Setup in the ServiceNow product documentation or KB0529478: Emails to incidents come in as winmail.dat attachments.
- Confirm that the notification action is configured properly. For more information, see Email Notifications in the ServiceNow product documentation.
|Note: If your problem still exists after trying the steps in this article, submit an incident to ServiceNow Customer Support and note this Knowledge Base article ID (KB0538138) in the problem description.|