Configuring SPAM filtering on your instance
Symptoms may include the following:
- Emails unknown to the instance are creating incidents
- SPAM emails are being sent to users
- Users are receiving SPAM emails
By default, ServiceNow does not filter out emails on email servers because each company has their own email requirements, and we would not be able to create a specific enough set of rules for this. Customers may add their own SPAM protection at the ServiceNow application level. We recommend the following two solutions:
- Prevent emails unknown to the instance from creating incidents. See Prevent Untrusted Users from Triggering Inbound Actions in the product documentation.
- Use the Email Filter plugin. Email filters enable an administrator to configure specific email filtering preferences by using a condition builder or a condition script. See Email Filters in the product documentation.