Confirming that your email is RFC compliant
Emails with attachments cannot be sent or received.
Symptoms may include the following:
- Attachment does not reach instance
- Attachment not received
- Attachment not associated to record
- Attachments not processing
- Inbound email not adding attachments
- Cannot email an attachment
- Too many attachments (signature)
- Email contains attachment named winmail.dat
- Cannot open attachment
- Attachment size limit
Confirm that your email is RFC compliant. ServiceNow follows RFC 2822 (Internet Message Format). For more information visit RFC 2822. If your email message follows the rules from RFC 2822 and is not processed correctly by the ServiceNow instance, then you are encouraged to submit an incident.