Upgrading to Dublin overwrites (deletes) sys_portal and sys_portal_page records of OOB homepages.
Tested by upgrading an instance from Berlin to Dublin. In the binlogs you can see where the OOB homepages had all of their personalizations deleted.
All of the dropzones, (sys_portals), have been removed, and in some cases, new dropzones have been inserted. However not in every case.
Examples: Pages where the personalizations have been *removed* and no dropzones have been inserted, leaving them empty pages:
- Admin page,
- Self Service page,
- Servicenow Performance page,
- System Diagnostics
Example of a page where the personalization was overwritten, with new dropzones put in place:
- ITIL Homepage
- Enterprise CMDB
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to a pre-Dublin instance.
- Collect the following information:
- count on sys_portal table
- count on sys_portal_page table
- count on sys_portal_preferences table
- Upgrade to Dublin.
- Repeat step 2. Compare and contrast.
- Go to your homepages.
Note that the pages are blank.
- Export the baseline homepages as an update set before upgrading the instance (see Add Homepages to Update Sets and Applications).
- Re-import the pages after upgrading.
Related Problem: PRB598173