Troubleshooting CMDB issues
This article guides you through the process of troubleshooting CMDB issues. It provides steps to help you eliminate common causes for your problem by verifying that the configuration of your networking is correct.
Symptoms may include the following:
- Orphaned data
- Ghosted data
- Record has no association
- Duplicate CI
- Corrupted records
- Corrupted CI
- Record not found
- Cannot access data
- Cannot access form
- Cannot update data
- Cannot update form
Determine whether any of the troubleshooting steps below are true for your environment. Each step provides a link to an article that will help you eliminate possible causes and take corrective action as necessary.
- Determine if you have wrongly imported table metadata. For more information, see KB0535690: Troubleshooting Wrongly Imported Table Metadata.
- Determine if you are using the wrong transform map. For more information, see KB0535689: Determine if you are using the wrong transform map.
- Determine if the sys_class_name was modified. For more information, see KB0535680: Determine if the sys_class_name on a CI was modified.
- Determine if a delete was performed that should have been a cascade delete. For information, see KB0535686: Determine if a delete was performed in a CI that should have been a cascade delete.
|Note: If your problem still exists after trying the steps in this article: Submit an incident to Technical Support and note this Knowledge Base article ID (KB0535679) in the problem description. For more information, see Customer Support.|