ServiceNow has recently discovered a bug in Internet Explorer 11 that, under very specific circumstances, causes password input fields to be cleared. Using IE 11 to visit any form that has two password input fields will cause the second password input field to be cleared when saving the form, resulting in loss of data in that field.
Workaround for Those Required to Use IE 11
- From Internet Explorer 11, open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options, and a dialog box will appear (see below).
- Select the Content tab.
- Click the Settings button under the AutoComplete heading, and a dialog box will appear (see 2nd image below).
- Make sure the Usernames and passwords on forms check box is not selected.
- Navigate to System Properties > All Properties.
- Open glide.pop3.password.
- Right click the header, and select History > Calendar. (This requires the "sys_properties" table being audited.)
- Find the value before being blank out.
- Put the value back to value field.
Related Problem: PRB595326