In Internet Explorer, when Security is set to High, Copy URL and Copy Sys ID are failing silently, even when the current instance is configured as a Trusted site, and Allow Programmatic clipboard access is Enabled.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open an instance using IE9
- Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select the "Internet" Zone, and set the level to High
- Select the "Trusted sites" zone, and press the Sites button.
- Add your current site to the list of Trusted sites
- Click on Custom level... button
- Ensure that the "Allow Programmatic clipboard" preference is set to Prompt or Enable.
- Press Apply, then OK
- Restart IE9
- Access your test instance again
- Navigate to Incident > Open
- Select any record
- Right click on the header and Copy URL
- If you attempt to Paste, the URL will not be pasted.
This is expected behaviour. High security mode is not supported.
Related Problem: PRB595257