Steps to Reproduce
- Browse the Service Catalog and add several items to your cart using the Add to Cart button.
- Navigate to a particular item such as one that is already in your cart, and click the Order Now button.
- Note that all the items that were in your cart have been added to your order, including the item you were looking at when you selected Order Now (since there was already one in your cart, your order has two of those items).
It would appear that you have a duplicate item in your order. In fact, you had one in your cart, and the Order Now button added the current item being viewed to your cart, and then checked out your whole cart.
- Clicking the "Order Now" button after clicking "Add to Cart" results in erroneous entries.
- Clicking on Add to Cart and then Order Now adds duplicates to the cart
- Check Out screen of Order Guide allow submit without any item in CART
- Double Order with add to cart
- How can I remove the shopping cart completely from the Service Catalog and replace with a simple "Replace" Button. Order now is confusing to our staff.
- Last requested Items shows up twice on the order
- Catalog request generated multiple catalog items
For Fuji and earlier releases, set the two-step checkout to true. This forces the user to go to a preview page and easily identify the duplicate items in the cart so the user can remove the undesired items.
The upcoming release offers a new button that can be used as a replacement to the Order Now button, which is the Order Item button. It requires the new cart layouts feature to be active with the property, glide.sc.use_cart_layouts=true.
Rather than adding the current item to the cart and then checking out all items in the cart (Order Now button behavior), only the current item is ordered, leaving all other cart items in the cart (Order Item button behavior).
To enable the Order Item button behavior:
1. Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Maintain Cart Layouts.
2. Select Order this Item (widget).
3. Enable Order Item, and disable Order Now as shown below.
Related Problem: PRB581338