First, when doing a lookup of the Stage field in the Workflow Editor or the Activities for a Workflow item, the stage name is not translated into the set language. For example, if you create a workflow in English, the English values for the stages are attached to the workflow (wf_stage). Then, if you change the instance to another language, such as French, and try to edit a Stage value in the workflow, you still only see the English values. This is the case even if there are French values in the sys_choice list. The issue also occurs in reverse, so if you create workflow in French, you see French values for stage, but if you change to English the workflow stage values still display in French.
Second, if there are stage values in the Stage Defaults table (wf_stage_default) that are in English and you try to edit the workflow in French, you only see the English values. There is no language conversion for the values in this table.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install an I18N Internalization plugin (for example, I18N: French Translations).
- After the plugin is installed, change the instance language to the plugin you installed (for example, French).
- Open the Workflow Editor (for example, Éditeur de flux de travail).
- Create a new workflow item (for example, Nouveau), selecting the sc_req_item table (for example, Éléments demandés).
- Add an activity that can use a Stage value (for example, Approval - User).
- Next to the Stage value (for example, Étape) click on the magnifying glass icon.
Note that some values are translated into French appropriately (for example, Livraison and Exécution) and some are not (for example, Request Cancelled and Completed).
- Save the activity on the workflow.
- Publish the workflow.
- Change the language to English.
- Open the workflow editor.
- Open the workflow you created.
- Check the activity you added and click on the magnifying glass icon next to Stage.
The stages are still in French.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB587503