Verifying the recipient has an email address
ServiceNow does not send email when the intended recipient has no email address. If a particular user or group does not receive a notification, verify the user or group has an email address.
- Log in to the instance.
- Navigate to System Policy > Notifications.
- Select the notification you expected the recipient to receive. For example, the incident commented notification.
- Identify the users and groups who would normally receive the notification. For example, the incident commented notification notifies the incident caller.
- Determine which specific users or groups did not potentially trigger the notification. For example, determine the user who is the incident caller.
- Navigate to User Administration > Users.
- Select the user record for the intended recipient.
- Verify there is an address in the Email field.
- If you change the user record, click Update.