Verifying that the notification event was generated
Instances running on Aspen or earlier releases require specific events to trigger email notifications. If a particular action no longer produces a notification, the business rule associated with the table may not be generating the proper events in the event log.
- Login to the instance.
- Navigate to System Policy > Email > Notifications.
- Select the notification you expected to occur. For example, select the Incident Commented notification if you expected a notification from an incident comment.
- If the notification includes conditions, verify they are valid.
- Identify the event that triggers the notification you expected to occur. For example, the incident.commented event triggers the Incident Commented notification.
- Click Update if you make any changes to the notification record.
- Navigate to System Policy > Events > Event Log.
- Search for the event name in the event log. If the event does not appear in the event log, verify the business rule is triggering the event properly. Note: There is a separate events business rule for each table that produces events.
- Navigate to System Definition > Business Rules.
- Select the business rule that generates events for the notification. For example, the incident events business rule generates the incident.commented event.
- Verify the business rule is active and verify the script conditions are valid.
- Click Update if you make any changes to the business rule.
- Test the notification again to see if the business rule generates the proper event.