In certain cases a data policy does not behave correctly and throws an error stating that the policy has been violated when it has not. This applies both to data policy on integrations and UI.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to the demo instance.
- Go to System Policy > Rules > Data Policies.
- Create a new Data Policy:
- Table: knowledgebase
- Field: short description, read only = true
- Condition: workflow is not Draft
- Other fields remain default
- Enter a short description, and click Submit.
- Notice the message appears: Data Policy Exception: Short description is read only
- Uncheck Use as UI Policy on client on the data policy.
- Create a UI policy that has the same effect as the data policy.
Note: You can subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB572707