Updating the source code using the HTML Source Editor on the TinyMCE Editor adds an extra tag (<p> </p>) after clicking Enter.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a knowledge base article.
- Click the HTML icon to launch the HTML Source Editor.
- Edit the source code to add the tag, <hr>.
- Click Update to save the article.
- After the horizontal line in the article, click Enter.
The pointer moves up to the first line in the article and an extra tag, <p> </p>, is inserted into the html source code right after the <body> tag.
Adding an extra paragraph tag when pressing the enter key is expected behaviour for third party products like TinyMCE, or even Microsoft Word, where if you want text directly on the next line you need to hold shift+enter.
ServiceNow will continue to implement TinyMCE's improvements as they become available. A workaround is described in the article below:
Related Problem: PRB585174